Stage 1: Lean Construction Fundamentals
This one day course aims to provide learners with an understanding of lean construction fundamentals and how these can be applied to construction projects from design phase through to construction and operational phases.
This course is the first stage of learning for construction professionals aiming to further their knowledge and skills in this field.
By attending this programme delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate they understand the key drivers for implementing lean construction.
- Demonstrate they understand the history of lean and its adaptation in construction.
- Demonstrate they understand the fundamentals of lean construction principles: customer value, 5 lean principles, 3 elements of work, 7+1 wastes, plan-do-check-act (PDCA) approach to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate they understand the fundamentals of the lean construction toolkit.
- Demonstrate they understand the fundamentals developing organisational lean maturity.
- One day programme with our expert and all programme materials.
- Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day.
All of our workshops are held in venues specifically selected in London and Manchester. Please see below ticket detailing the price, date and location of workshop.
For enquiries please email Emily Harris at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1244 740 205.
Who should attend
Lean Construction Fundamentals is aimed at professionals across all segments, disciplines and levels of the construction sector, including:
- Clients, e.g. procurement officers, programmes managers, clerks of works, asset managers, facilities managers, etc.
- Designers and consultants, e.g. architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers, etc.
- Civil engineering, building, mechanical and electrical contractors, e.g. construction managers, commercial managers, estimators, site managers, site engineers, quality managers, safety managers, trades and labour, etc.
Your course of study
By focusing on the fundamental requirements of becoming a Lean Construction company, the course provides an excellent grounding for further development. The course is structured around the following themes:
Introduction to Lean
- What is lean?
- The history of lean?
- What are the drivers for lean in construction?
Fundamentals of lean construction.
- 5 key lean principles, 3 elements of work, 7+1 wastes, PDCA.
Overview of lean construction tools and techniques.
- Workshop exercises and activities to demonstrate key lean construction principles
- What are the benefits?
- How to progress further to becoming a Lean Technician or Lean Practitioner.
Tim has been working in the construction sector for over twenty years. He graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering in 1996 then later gained a MBA in 2006, concentrating his research on The Critical Success Factors for Partnering in Construction. The early part of his career was spent in design and build contracting where he rose to the position of Managing Director of Qufab Construction Ltd in 2002. He later co-founded FCE Projects Ltd in 2004, a successful civil engineering business specialising in the power industry, which today he maintains the role of Director responsible for strategy and corporate governance.
Inspired by the industry’s ‘improvement agenda’ following the release of Sir John Egan’s 1998 report Rethinking Construction, Tim chose to diversify with his knowledge in 2006 to become a strategy expert for the construction sector. Having worked with organisations including the Constructing Excellence national and regional networks, BRE and the National Federation of Builders, Tim has supported more than 500 construction based businesses and organisations working to achieve the industry challenge to improve performance and deliver a better built environment.
All prices shown are excluding VAT. Payments are made via PayPal or Invoice.