Stage 1: Lean Construction Fundamentals
This one day course aims to provide learners with an understanding of lean construction fundamentals and how these can be applied to construction projects from design phase through to construction and operational phases.
This course is the first stage of learning for construction professionals aiming to further their knowledge and skills in this field.
By attending this programme delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate they understand the key drivers for implementing lean construction.
- Demonstrate they understand the history of lean and its adaptation in construction.
- Demonstrate they understand the fundamentals of lean construction principles: customer value, 5 lean principles, 3 elements of work, 7+1 wastes, plan-do-check-act (PDCA) approach to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate they understand the fundamentals of the lean construction toolkit.
- Demonstrate they understand the fundamentals developing organisational lean maturity.
- One day programme with our expert and all programme materials.
- Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day.
All of our workshops are held in venues specifically selected in London and Manchester. Please see below ticket detailing the price, date and location of workshop.
For enquiries please email Emily Harris at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1244 740 205.
Who should attend
Lean Construction Fundamentals is aimed at professionals across all segments, disciplines and levels of the construction sector, including:
- Clients, e.g. procurement officers, programmes managers, clerks of works, asset managers, facilities managers, etc.
- Designers and consultants, e.g. architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers, etc.
- Civil engineering, building, mechanical and electrical contractors, e.g. construction managers, commercial managers, estimators, site managers, site engineers, quality managers, safety managers, trades and labour, etc.
Your course of study
By focusing on the fundamental requirements of becoming a Lean Construction company, the course provides an excellent grounding for further development. The course is structured around the following themes:
Introduction to Lean
- What is lean?
- The history of lean?
- What are the drivers for lean in construction?
Fundamentals of lean construction.
- 5 key lean principles, 3 elements of work, 7+1 wastes, PDCA.
Overview of lean construction tools and techniques.
- Workshop exercises and activities to demonstrate key lean construction principles
- What are the benefits?
- How to progress further to becoming a Lean Technician or Lean Practitioner.
Andy is a lean construction expert with an extensive track record of working with construction projects to improve cost, quality and delivery times performance. He is a detail oriented practitioner who’s focus is taking on practical challenges and developing workable solutions.
Expert in Lean
Andy has extensive experience of delivering lean training and consultancy for organisations across the construction supply chain. He has facilitated the delivery of lean interventions on several major construction projects utilising lean tools and techniques to deliver better outcomes. As a result, he brings experience of working alongside designers, main contractors, sub-contractors and product manufacturers in collaborative working environments.
All prices shown are excluding VAT. Payments are made via PayPal or Invoice.